Feedback on Honor Page that I made to get certification

So, I finally got to doing the projects, and I have sent the link for my project, but I want to really check if everything is generally okay, because I feel like it isn’t and I want to make sure that everything is okay with this project before doing the next one. I made the text in Portuguese, still, I would really appreciate if English speakers could also help me with this issue.

Here’s the link: https://codepen.io/Celestia245/pen/RwLZPjO

Thanks for your help.

Your page looks good @Celestia. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>)
    The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
    Your page passes 6/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
    Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    Mentioning also because you have elements out of order. Review this for an understanding of the HTML boilerplate tags.
  • Keep your styling external. Do not use internal styling.
    Everything between your style tags should be placed into codepen’s CSS editor.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.

Thank you for your feedback! I’ll look into it. May I send it again once I try to make the corrections?

There is one thing I don’t understand it though…you said 10 user stories. But aren’t there only 9 on this project?

Yes you may.

Yes, there are nine user stories but there are ten tests that are run.

Make sure you include that test script.
The easiest way to include it is to copy it and paste it into the HTML editor of codepen. When you do you’ll see a green hamburger menu in the upper left. Click to expand it and from the dropdown select the test for the appropriate project. Click the ‘Run Tests’ button. If any of the tests fail it will be indicated with a red button. Follow the instructions in my previous post.

On a side note, the instructions give you a pen that you can fork to start building the projects. If you were to fork that pen the test script would have been there for you without you having to do anything further.

Hope that helps.

I finally did the corrections! Now, all of the user requirements were validated, and I fized most of the HTML error that the W3C validator pointed out. There’s only one error that I didn’t know how to fix, which is this one:

Element [ head ] is missing a required instance of child element title .

Here’s the new code: https://codepen.io/Celestia245/pen/jOGLepr

Thanks for helping me out!

You page looks better @Celestia but it only passes 7/10 user stories.
I want to stress again that when you submit your project;

1. the test script should be included
  2. all tests must be passing

Instructions were given on how to include the test script as well as the script link that you need to include.

When using codepen for the projects, the HTML editor only needs the code that would go in the body element. If that is followed I tell people that they can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
In my one post I included a link to the HTML boilerplate tags which explains what those tags, and their attributes, are.

Some additional things to revisit;

• Some users will not see your page the way you intend.
    For instance, I do not have ‘Lucida Handwriting’ installed on my box. Revisit the lesson on how fonts should degrade.
  • In the CSS editor of codepen, click the chevron and then click ‘Format CSS’ to make your code easier to read
  • In your CSS, you specify on multiple lines the same font-family. Do you recall how to do this using less code?

I do apologize. Last time I checked, the 10 user stories were all okay. It must be the changes I made. I’ll try to pay more attention to that and fix it and listen to your advice.
Sorry for all the trouble that I’m causing for you. I do hope you"ll continue to be patient with me and give me guidance.
I appreciate the time you’re taking to answer these things. I"ll send my code again once I have checked the stuff you’ve talked about.

Believe me, you’re not causing me any trouble.

Thanks for the assurance.

Here’s the new code: https://codepen.io/Celestia245/pen/jOGLepr

Very nice job cleaning everything up and getting all the tests to pass @Celestia.

Look forward to seeing your next project.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.