Feedback on my second project: Survey Form

Hi there,
I just finished my second project: Survey Form. Would love to hear all your feedback. Thanks.

Your form looks good @bluebug. Some things to revisit;

• Make the project from scratch, with your own code, style and content. Don’t take code from the sample project.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens
  • It’s a nit but, if you’ve ever filled out a form on-line you may have noticed that an asterisk denotes a required field. You have fields that have asterisks that are not required.

@Roma Hi, thank you for taking the time to go through it. I don’t usually do this but can you shed some more light on the previous feedback? Elaborate, if you please.

1. Why do you think I took code and content from sample project? Because I asked name, email, age and profession? That is pretty much same in every survey form.

2.The validator is returning me with one error only which I can’t understand. Maybe you can explain it better.

The first child option element of a select element with a required attribute, and without a multiple attribute, and without a size attribute whose value is greater than 1, must have either an empty value attribute, or must have no text content. Consider either adding a placeholder option label, or adding a size attribute with a value equal to the number of option elements.

1. I spotted it on the Github link, yes. Not sure what is causing it. Tested the page on 6 mobile devices. None gave a horizontal bar. It is also not having any issue on my local server. Only on that github link. Can you please check?

2. I hear you. You are talking about the checkboxes section. I was not sure how to make a checkbox selections required since it asks definite number of entries. A quick search said I will need to tweak javascript, so I left it as it is.

That’s all. I’m no way criticizing your feedback. I just need it to be more elaborate. I can’t fix something if I don’t know what went wrong.
Thanks again by the way.

Hey @bluebug!
Your page looks good and simple.

1 Like

This is one of the elements that you had to research as it wasn’t covered in the FCC curriculum. Why did you choose the attributes that you chose?

I just narrowed the browser window.

You can remove the asterisks until you learn JS. Like I said, it was a nit.

EDIT:
On a side note, if this is the URL you’re submitting as the solution you should be aware that it’s the same as the one for your tribute page. Which means your tribute page solution now points to your survey form.
Read more about using GitHub pages.

This is one of the elements that you had to research as it wasn’t covered in the FCC curriculum. Why did you choose the attributes that you chose?

Learnt about the <select> and <option> in W3Schools. Studied the FCC example code. Figured out how it should be to begin with. It’s hard to find a source of study which is not full of jargons. If you know any beginner friendly material, please suggest.

I just narrowed the browser window.

Please use Chrome simulator or some real device. I tested it in couple of more devices and asked others to do the same, and all tests returned with no scrollbar. But I know it did appear in github link. Must be some rendering issue, not in my hand.

You can remove the asterisks until you learn JS. Like I said, it was a nit.

I agree. :+1:

On a side note, if this is the URL you’re submitting as the solution you should be aware that it’s the same as the one for your tribute page. Which means your tribute page solution now points to your survey form.

I’m aware of it and the issue has been already taken care of. Thanks.