Feedback on porfolio project

Feedback on porfolio project

Hi all, I’m just looking for some feedback on my portfolio project. Bootstrap was pretty tough for me and I am still not sure I fully get it.

Please be gentle. haha.

Portfolio page

Thanks.

Hey, the more you use Bootstrap how easier it will be. You did make a small mistake (Bootstrap :slight_smile:), it is div class="container-fluid"> instead of div class=".container-fluid">.

Ah ok. Thanks BenGitter!!

It looks pretty good! The main thing I would mention is that it isn’t yet optimized for mobile screens. I noticed that you did use bootstrap’s responsive classes (e.g., col-md-6 and col-md-offset-3). This is perfectly fine for desktops. But you can improve it by adding classes for smaller screens. You can do this rather easily by using an “xs” class in addition to your medium ones. The class will scale up automatically.

The Bootstrap grid system has four classes:

• xs (for phones)
  • sm (for tablets)
  • md (for desktops)
  • lg (for larger desktops)

The classes above can be combined to create more dynamic and flexible layouts.

Tip: Each class scales up, so if you wish to set the same widths for xs and sm, you only need to specify xs.

So that means if you use col-xs-12, it will automatically apply the same thing to the sm grid (unless you define something else for it to do). Additionally, your md is currently being applied for both medium and large classes.

For more info on the bootstrap grid classes, read here: http://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/bootstrap_grid_system.asp

Hope this helps! Also, when you’re working on it, you can test how the website will look in smaller viewports by resizing the browser window. :slight_smile:

–Emily

Oh man, that is exactly what I was going to try and figure out tonight. Thank you so much for the advice. Such a big help!!

-Josh