Feedback on tribute oage

Hello. I just completed my first project with freeCodeCamp - a Tribute Page of Jim Carrey. All feedback is more than welcome. Happy Coding everyone and thank you :slight_smile:
https://codepen.io/alyona_perk/pen/mZmYOj

1 Like

I like it, good use of the green banner ,i would like to see something more creative with the movies list maybe add some more styling.

1 Like

Hi @Alyona, welcome to the forums. That’s a good first page but some things you may want to revisit;

• first off, verify your address with codepen so we can see your page full screen
  • codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • (as an aside, when you do use it, it’s <!DOCTYPE html>…you misplaced the exclamation point)
  • don’t use the <br> element to increase spacing between your list items in HTML. Use something like line-height in CSS instead.
  • it’s a nit but titles (book titles, movie titles) are italicized. In your opening paragraph they just flow with the text and aren’t clear that they’re titles. In your list they have quotes around them…not what you’d do in a page
  • maybe because I can’t see it full screen, but your page doesn’t seem to be responsive. There’s a lot spill over on small screens.
1 Like

Looks good! I would suggest making it responsive to viewports. Here’s a ss of how it looks on my phone.

1 Like

Thank you so much for such a good notes. I improved it.

• email verified
  • removed body tags and <!DOCTYPE html>
  • removed <br> and used line-height instead
  • movie titles is italicized now and no quotes around them
  • also I used viewpoints to make it responsive

https://codepen.io/alyona_perk/pen/mZmYOj

1 Like

Thank you for reviewing it. I ll improve it.

1 Like

Nice! Here’s how it looks now.

Do what you just did to the footer as well because I have to scroll far to the right to read it.

1 Like

Wow! Are you sure? Still I see it from my iphone as not responsive(