Feedback- Survey Form

Hi guys, this is my survey form project. https://codepen.io/Evndr/pen/oNXKody
I’d appreciate some honest feedback. Happy coding.

I like it, but why isn’t it centered?

Thanks, I kind of put the forms and the checkboxes to the side just to mesh with the background image.

Oh, okay. I get it :slightly_smiling_face:

Just a suggestion, but it might actually look even better in the middle.

I would agree with the centering for an app like this. See about setting margin in css.

I like the background picture as well, but it makes the text of your form difficult to see. You could darken the entire background, or you could wrap your form in a div and give that some kind of alpha shading or even a background color. Set a width of that form’s div so that it doesn’t obscure the background image. Even with the text to the side, it’s still hard to see.

Great work overall. It passes the all user stories! Happy coding to you!

2 Likes

Right on, you can check it out now, I made a few adjustments.

1 Like

Cool, check it out, I changed the background to make it pop a bit more.

1 Like

Lovely! You have great taste! You did an amazing job! :+1:

1 Like

Welcome back @babu. Your form looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are coding errors you should address.
  • You’re hardcoding values into the input.
    • If the user doesn’t fill in a name there’s not warning given because you’ve filled it in for them. Shouldn’t do that.
    • And a user should not be required to deleted text from a field to fill in their own.
  • User’s should be able to click on the labels to select, not just the radio button / checkboxes
  • Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button

I found the W3C validator pretty handy and made the suggested adjustments to my survey form. Thanks a bunch.