Hey everyone,

Here is my second attempt at the tribute page. This took me way more time than I’d like to admit. I do feel like I have learned a lot and I now at least sort of know why I’m adding to CSS and HTML code. I’ve looked at a lot of others’ work and they seem to get more out of their design with less code. I suppose this will come with time? :sweat_smile:

Any feedback would be most welcome!

Hey @Jono-hare! Congrats on finishing your tribute page. There are a lot of good things going on here. The main thing for me is that the text is a little hard to read at times. For example, the red text underneath his name is a little hard to read. So, maybe just change the color to white since you have a dark background.

Also, for the timeline, the text could be spaced out a little more just for easier readability. So, maybe you could mess around with the line height a little bit.

I think you should be proud of yourself and don’t be ashamed of how long it took you to complete this project. I am beginner as well (3months in ) and currently working on the product page. I have spent about a week working on this and ending up starting over with the CSS twice because it was such a hot mess. But I finally have it looking the way I want it to and will probably have it finished tomorrow.

When it comes to other people’s code and design, you have to remember that some people might have had prior experience with HTML and CSS . Or they might be taking other classes in addition to this one and doing multiple projects at the same time. It just takes practice and patience.

Happy coding!

Thanks for the encouragement & feedback @jwilkins.oboe ! Those were easy changes to make to the text and I have updated them. :smiley:

Welcome to the forums @Jono-hare. Your page looks good.
Nothing you have to change but if you’d like to get rid of the white border around your page look into what CSS reset is and what it can do for you.

Very minor, careful of spelling. This sams-serif isn’t a good fallback font. :wink:

Thanks, @Roma! Managed to take the white border away using margin: 0; on the body element.

I’ve already learned quite a bit more since posting that page and I’m sure I’ll revisit it soon to keep things fresh and to update the code and check for any more typos in the css. :sweat_smile:

1 Like