(Updated with edits!) My tribute page - If you have time some feedback (+/-) very wecolme!

Hey guys!
Just completed my first project with FCC. Any criticisms good or bad are most welcome!

Thanks and have a great day!

First I want to welcome you to fCC. I like the retro look of your tribute. With the grayscale colors and the older school typeface it looks good together. You did a good job. I can’t wait to see more of your work.

1 Like

Thanks Mike! I really appreciate that you can see what I was going for.

And thanks for taking the time to have a look!

Oh, no problem. We’re all in this together. I’m glad I could encourage you today. You did a great job.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @johnathan.cody1992. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • Your page passes 8/10 user stories.
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
  • When using codepen it only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • Mentioning because you have things out of order. A div would be inside the body element. You have header level tags incorrectly inside of the head element.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are coding errors you need to address.
  • You’re using it incorrectly here as the validator will tell you but you don’t want to use <br> to force spacing anyway. Use margin and/or padding in CSS.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • Since every major point in your tribute info starts with a bold date maybe get rid of the bullet points

Hey Roma!

Thank you for taking the time to make a thorough response.

I do have a question related to forking. Is forking just like having a different versions (prototypes of your project) of your project?
And when you say keep the test script when forking the project what do you mean?

Thanks in advance!
Johnathan

So this is a good question that you can either Google. Or you can read codepen’s official documentation. The answer is very easy to find and saves me a lot of typing. (Or cutting/pasting :slightly_smiling_face: )

In my response I gave you the test script. You can paste that whole thing into the HTML section of your pen. It will create a hamburger menu in the upper left. You select the project and it runs tests to ensure that each of the user stories for the project has passed. If any fail, the button will be red. Click on the red button to read a synopsis of which test(s) failed and why.

Btw, if you click the ‘reply’ link in my post (rather than the reply button at the bottom) and/or put an @ sign before my name I get notified that you’ve replied. I just stumbled across this by accident.

1 Like

@Roma

Fantastic!
Thank you for the responses