Finally finished my Portfolio page, feedback please all

Hey all, its been a while since I actually sat down to do some scripting damn I feel rusty.

Anyway I’ve been working on finishing the responsive web design section for the past few days, ( focused on Uni study etc, sorting out another job since I have an addition to the family on the way (another story haha))

Any way I was just after some feedback for the portfolio page, I know I need to use more media queries, design wise il tweak as I continue to learn.

Note: need to sort email function driving me batty.

Edit: Codpen link, https://codepen.io/danjwilko/pen/vYyzxbZ
(problems with safari logging me out, chrome works fine)

1 Like

Hi!
I just took a look at your portfolio :slight_smile: Let me share my comments with you hoping they are useful:

• Tribute page: I find it hard to read the paragraph “Sonic is instantly recognisable with his blue hedgehog” as the color text is black and the background gradient gets very dark on the left side.
  • At the portfolio (nevermind if you made it on purpose) the Hello and welcome text is aligned to the left. However, all the other contents are centered.
  • Beyond Fitness - at the Contact Us section “CONTACT US” text appears too close to the text above. I haven’t seen the code but maybe you could increase the line-height, margin or padding.

Great job and happy coding!

Appreciate the feedback, Il have a tweak and push the commits.

The portfolio wasn’t designed that way originally but I quite liked the layout being a bit different.

The business page is still a WiP so that will be getting a decent bit of an update soonish I hope.

cheers again.

1 Like

Sorted the issues, the Tribute page was a silly fix, Visual studio flagged the paragraph id (required for each paragraph element) as a duplicate id, id removed it as a fix without looking at the finished article whoops.

going to keep practicing with the ‘mobile fist’ ideology get these media queries sorted and il be happy.

Got it run through the W3 validator, Happy to confirm all dandy just need to tweak for full responsiveness and keep adjusting as I go.

Any pointers, suggestions or critiques welcome, if I can get codepen to work il post the direct link.

Edit: problem with safari, works no problem on chrome, will add the link to the first post.

Your page looks good @danielwilkinson0991. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>)
    • The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 11/12 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
    • Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.

Hi Roma
I appreciate your feedback.

Re-added the script, but it is showing all tests passed so I don’t know what’s going on there lol.

Ah yup will have a tweak, get rid of the <br> elements.

Il check the docs too.

Thank you for the comment, all helps to improve.

Edit: Removed the <br> and used css instead.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.