Finally finished my portfolio project! Please comment and critique!

Hey guys, I’ve spent all week on my portfolio project and I’ve learnt a lot in the process! I spent more time googling and reading how to do certain things than actually putting it together!

Let me know what you think. Any improvements? Tidying up any CSS code?

I personally really like my navigation bar and the subtle tweaks I’ve made to it.

Cheers!

Hi Luke,

Congratulations on finishing your portfolio, well done! I like the colours!
The size of the icons might be a little distracting tho, in my opinion…
And personally I find it hard to read when the line height is that big, maybe it would be better if it was smaller.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I’ve decreased the line height and made the icons a bit smaller in the ABOUT section.

I am hoping that when I learn more and start on the javascript exercises, etc, I want the icons to automatically enlarge and then go back to their normal size when the user scrolls instead of having to hover over them.

I think you did a great job, it’s super clean and I’m confident that just a little bit of motion and interaction could really set it over the top!

Personally, I’m not a fan of transparent headers once the scrolling puts the body text through the logos and nav buttons. Your’s looks awesome onload especially with the dark image in the background, so if you’re looking for a suggestion I think you should find a way to minimize or darken the whole nav, or increase it’s opacity after scrolling to kill the busy looking text overlap in the body. If you want to keep the “look” of luminous dimension even when the opacity is 1; I’ve found that can be achieved with a subtle background-image linear-gradients. :slight_smile:

Keep rocking it!

That’s a pretty slick webpage ! Great design and creativity! Props to you Luke, Happy Coding!