Finished Javascript Calculator. Feedback Welcome

Hey guys,

I finished my calculator project. I welcome all feedback both positive and constructive criticism. Thanks!

1 Like

You need to put zero when you first load calc and when you erase numbers. Could also put some font that mimics seven-segment display just for additional pzazz.
Edit1: After getting result, any number press should clear screen. That shouldn’t include operators and dot.

1 Like

I am unable to enter .1 + .2 = to get 0.3. Instead, I get 1.2

Also, if I enter 0.1 + 0.2 =, I expect to just get 0.3 and not 0.300000000000004

If I enter a large number like 1234567890100 and click + and then try to enter another large number of the same size, I can not see the second number, because it is hidden on the right side of the display.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I went ahead and made some changes to my code. Here’s my updated project:

When i first load it up and press 9+ i get locked and get Bad Syntax!

1 Like

As John mentioned and i’ll add to it, if you try any operation and press =, you get bad syntax … It seems as if number entered after operator is omitted …

1 Like

Whoops, sorry about that guys. I noticed there were a couple formatting issues on my JS. I fixed it. Try it now.

1 Like