First HTML Project (Tribute)

First HTML Project (Tribute)

Hi,

I’m starting to learn a few different programming languages as a hobby and looking to hopefully turn this interest into a career someday as I already work within the IT sector.

Was looking to see if I could potentially get some feedback on my first HTML Tribute page from some of you kind people?

A bit more specifically:

• I feel like I should be making use of
    a lot more in my project but I’m struggling to understand the best way to split up my project using this.
  • I struggled getting the Image to center in the page and had to mess around with css margins in the time being as img-responsive didn’t seem to be working.
  • I couldn’t seem to make good use of the Bootstrap column grid system to change the position of some of the elements.
  • It may not be the most efficient way to do the tribute page, but I was trying to utilize most of the skills I had learned in the run-up to the project task.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I’m still very new at this and I appreciate I have a very long way to go, but any tips and pointers would be brilliant.

RC

I ran into a similar problem with img-responsive until I realized that img-responsive is a Bootstrap 3 command and I had Bootstrap 4 loaded (as do you.) The command I found that accomplished the same thing in Bootstrap 4 was class=“d-block mx-auto”. I am quite new at this as well so I am not sure if that is the most “correct” way to do it, but it works.

Hey Here is the tribute project i did and it uses the latest bootstrap 4 witch utilities some new features and other cool stuff.Just go to setting CSS and use the link in there for bootstrap 4

I recommend looking at it in full screen.

You can check my code and use similar think in your project.

TBH it took me a few days to get all of it together because bootstrap 4 has different features classes and code from the one you learned in free code camp .

I used the example FCC gave us.

I hope this helps and wish to see ur new and improved tribute page :slight_smile: