Font size html with css

Tell us what’s happening: Can anyone help me to fix the p element should contain few first few words provided additional kitty ipsum text because it frustrating me to this challenge.

Your code so far

<style>
  .red-text {
    color: red;
    font-size:16px;
  }

.p{font-size:16px;}

</style>

<div class = "p">

<h2 class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p class="red-text" class="p">Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p> Purr eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>

</div>

Your browser information:

Your Browser User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/58.0.3029.110 Safari/537.36 Edge/16.16299.

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/challenges/change-the-font-size-of-an-element

You’ve made a couple of mistakes here. You need to follow the directions closely.

Remove the div - nothing in the instructions tell you to add a div.

Don’t add the class p. It is not supposed to be a class. You are supposed to target the element p with the css, not create a new class. For example, if I wanted to change the color of the h1 elements, I would do:

<style>
  h1 {
    color: green;
  }
</style>

Notice that there is no period before it. You do that before classes. Elements have no period.

Let us know if this doesn’t clear it up.

It worked… but the next challenge is giving me another nightmare because matched everything from the instruction.

Again, the instructions need to be followed exactly. EXACTLY! Computers don’t really have a setting for, “Well he’s pretty close and it looks like he’s on the right track…” Usually when people are having trouble on these, it’s because either they aren’t paying close enough attention to the instructions, or they are misunderstanding the basic principles, or a silly typo. I’m not trying to discourage you - we’ve all been there. I know there were more than a few of these where I was sure I had it right and then reread the instructions very carefully only to discover it was my fault. And silly typos that drive me crazy for much too long are a daily occurrence.

But if you get stuck on the next one, start a new thread and show us what you’ve got. That’s why we’re here.