Footer Issues during my lab assignments

I am new to coding and having trouble with ending my code with a footer. I have attempted

<a id="footer"> 
<h2 id="footer"></h2>

I have tried a few others but none are working

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

I think we’d need more information to be helpful.

But a footer is just something at the bottom of your page. You can stick it there with positioning or flex or whatever. Just giving it an id doesn’t make it a footer.

Using an <a> for a footer is a bit odd. You might have an <a> in your footer, but it wouldn’t be the whole thing.

An <h2> seems a bit odd, since semantically, it means, “2nd order header”.

A <div> would make more sense, but really, <footer> would make more sense. Something like:

<footer>
  <p>My Footer</p>
</footer>

You can give it an id of “footer” if you want to CSS targeting, but you could probably also use the element to target it.

HI @jevonhortonla !

Welcome to the forum!

Are you working on a freeCodeCamp challenge?
If so, then please provide the challenge link.

If not, then please provide more details on what you are working on because we don’t have enough information.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.