Footer Issues during my lab assignments

I am new to coding and having trouble with ending my code with a footer. I have attempted

<a id="footer"> 
<h2 id="footer"></h2>

I have tried a few others but none are working

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

I think we’d need more information to be helpful.

But a footer is just something at the bottom of your page. You can stick it there with positioning or flex or whatever. Just giving it an id doesn’t make it a footer.

Using an <a> for a footer is a bit odd. You might have an <a> in your footer, but it wouldn’t be the whole thing.

An <h2> seems a bit odd, since semantically, it means, “2nd order header”.

A <div> would make more sense, but really, <footer> would make more sense. Something like:

<footer>
  <p>My Footer</p>
</footer>

You can give it an id of “footer” if you want to CSS targeting, but you could probably also use the element to target it.

HI @jevonhortonla !

Welcome to the forum!

Are you working on a freeCodeCamp challenge?
If so, then please provide the challenge link.

If not, then please provide more details on what you are working on because we don’t have enough information.