For some reason the bot doesnt detect my a tag

I recently created a tribute page, with a minor issue I made an a tag the software doesn’t detect my a tag when its in the full project I tested the a tag in a other code pen and it works fine can you assist me with this?

Code:https://codepen.io/jean_clenor/pen/gOGKzWQ?editors=1100

you are missing out this condition

1 => I should see an anchure tag element with a corresponding id=“tribute-link”, which links to an outside site that contains additional information about the subject of the tribute page. HINT: You must give your element an attribute of target and set it to “_blank” in order for your link to open in a new tab (i.e. target="_blank")

2=> The element should responsively resize, relative to the width of its parent element, without exceeding its original size.

you can check this mistake in future by clicking that no of test pass button so freecodecamp will show you what you have left.

1 Like

In the pen link you provided both of your anchor tags are working.
What do you mean when you say “the software doesn’t detect my a tag”?

If you are saying that the test fails then you need to click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

The failing message says

I should see an <a> element with a corresponding id="tribute-link", which links to an outside site that contains additional information about the subject of the tribute page. HINT: You must give your element an attribute of target and set it to "_blank" in order for your link to open in a new tab (i.e. target="_blank").
<a> element with id="tribute-link" must contain an href attribute 
AssertionError: <a> element with id="tribute-link" must contain an href attribute 

Do you understand what the test is looking for and why it fails?

For the next failing message, do the same. Read the entire message, not just the first line.

1 Like

Just as an aside, I do not recommend using the zoom property. It is definitely not the correct way of dealing with your overflow and you would probably never want to set it on body even if you did use it.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, I removed my zoom property and will now look for a way to deal with my overflow issue.

I see, thanks for the feedback.

After spending hours trying to figure it out I am still lost, I took the a href tag and placed it in a other codepen project (https://codepen.io/jean_clenor/pen/MWEXqqb) and ran a test and it passed the test. This means the problem is in my project, something is interfering with it so that means I will be trying to fix it and learn from it.

@2.0, I think you’re talking about test #7 failing in your project.
You really need to be clear when asking questions. Learning to describe problems is hard, but it is an important part of learning how to code.

I can see why that test is failing in your project. If you’d like to see why then run your CSS code through the W3C validator. There are a few errors you need to address but one in particular that is the cause of the test failing.

1 Like

I fixed my CSS code it contains no error, I tested it on W3C validator and still have an issue with the 7th one.

It’s most likely the HTML giving me issue.

Ids are supposed to be unique you should only use the same id on one element. The test will grap the first element it finds with the id which in this case is your h1 element.

<h1 class="y exp" id="tribute-link">

The test correctly identifies that the element does not have a href attribute.

Remove id="tribute-link" from all elements except the last wiki link.

2 Likes

This is what I noticed last night, and fixed it. Thanks for the feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.