Can't pass last test build a tribute page

I see in your code that you have 2 elements with an id ="tribute-link". A specific id should only be used one time.

@brandonburton811, when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

The failing message says

I should see an <a> element with a corresponding id="tribute-link", which links to an outside site that contains additional information about the subject of the tribute page. HINT: You must give your element an attribute of target and set it to "_blank" in order for your link to open in a new tab (i.e. target="_blank").
<a> element with id="tribute-link" must contain an href attribute 
AssertionError: <a> element with id="tribute-link" must contain an href attribute 

Do you understand what the test is looking for and why it is failing?

To help see this better you can run your HTML code through the W3C validator.

Someone has already given you the answer but I hope in the future you’ll be better able to read and interpret the error messages.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.