Free code camp changed its layout? Map gone? I'm lost

I just log in with freecodecamp and i started learning complete some task but i login return it shows me again start with html and i do not get any progress why?

Can we get an admin/mod/dev in here to explain whar the heck is going on?

No word of them changing it…they just did it and this has clearly upset and frustrated many people.

1 Like

Where did you find ?

Yeah im a bit confused as well. I have a green tick next to all the challenges I have completed but when you click them all the code is gone. Also the javascript API challenges have disappeared?

1 Like

I’ve the same issue.

I see it has an entire update of the portal and most importantly the Curriculum, which has reflected the latest web development stack (technologies).

It’s challenging to assume how past completed activities as reflected in the Map menu option would fit in now as a result this progress.

Quincy’s initial note (10 major freeCodeCamp improvements that are live now) was keen as such,
“You’ll still learn specific tools like Node.js and React, but these appear further into our curriculum. We recommend working through the curriculum in order from start to finish, but feel free to skip around if you just want to learn a specific skill.”

It will be us all better developer as I can forsee. Cheers guys

1 Like

Same here. So frustrated right now!

1 Like

i guess we should just wait for them to fix all of our issues

1 Like

What’s with freecodecamp and space :roll_eyes:

https://www.freecodecamp.org/settings at the bottom

I can’t even get to the curriculum page
It doesn’t load

Made a new thread about this too. I refer back to my previous code too. All gone hrm.

FOUND IT!

If you click on view the curriculum, then choose the course you were on, you can see your progress.

Lol ive spent the last two weeks going through the API/Json challanges. People say they are under legacy now which means they dont count aha. Guess we just get cracking on the new ones though eh.

I had already seen that page but this is not a solution.I don’t know which challenge I have to complete to get the certificate.This is blowing my mind.

LOST PROGRESS

@Siyam009 @fredcamp @tsss85 @arrbxr
Your progress isn’t gone. The database of accounts was preserved. Stuff is just displayed differently. If you look at your public portfolio, you’ll see all of your completed challenges. Right now viewing your old solutions doesn’t work correctly, but those solutions are still saved. When you ‘explore the curriculum’ you should see checkmarks like in the old map. The order of some of the challenges has changed to make for a better progression and MANY new challenges have been added. It is entirely up to you whether you want to do any or all of the new challenges.

DESIGN

@zhouxiang19910319 @datcrackadan @nightraven
There are still many UI improvements coming. This update was a release of the new curriculum and re-architecture of the application so that campers could begin using the new challenges, projects, and certificates right away. Expect to see many smaller, incremental changes that improve the design without disrupting the curriculum itself.

A few people have noticed this. It’s being investigated by the team. For now you just need to do a refresh when a blank page loads. Thank you for your patience.

The ability to view your solutions will come back. Those are still stored with your account, the process of displaying them in your profile just needs work.

Lots of new material has been added. It is completely up to you whether you want to go back and do them or continue forward.

THE FIRST CHALLENGE

@hasbulelias @jasonjoydeb @Abrar124

There’s a weird glitch where the very first challenge in many sections never gets marked as submitted. For now just use the curriculum map to jump to the challenge you’re interested in. Thanks for your patience while the team fixes this bug.

It was 4am for most of us when you posted this. Also, everything in this thread has been addressed in literally dozens of other threads throughout the day. Some of us devoted our entire day to answer these same questions over and over.

There are two different types of saved progress for Free Code Camp: your profile and your browser cache. The issue you are describing relates to browser cache

Your completed challenges are all saved to your account in the FCC database. You can see the list of completed challenges and also the last submitted solutions by looking at your profile page.

Your progress tracking (map) is saved in your browser’s local storage. In-progress code is also saved in your local browser cache. Because the FCC application has been completely re-implemented (to make it faster and more lightweight as explained in the announcement thread by Quincy), old cached data is no longer relevant to the new application. The effect is the same as if you had cleared your browser. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress work outside of the browser cache. This is a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of your GitHub account, but you can also just save locally or use a service like repl.it which allows for versioning.

The the challenges that you think have “disappeared” are the API projects, then they have been replaced by better, testable projects. If you still want to do the projects from the old curriculum, they are listed under “Take Home Projects”

The point of all of this is to learn so it all counts in the only way that matters. Those legacy challenges are still listed on FCC under “Take Home Projects”. If you really want to claim the 3 old certificates, you can still do so.

7 Likes

I am a bit confused myself I looked inside some of the past project requirements (user stories) and they have changed too. Does that mean that we have to re-due them?

That’s up to you. The point of the projects is for you to learn and grow as a developer. The changes to the curriculum are to make FCC a better tool for helping campers do that. You get to decide whether you would benefit from updating your projects.

1 Like

Thank you for replying. If I leave the projects without making the new iterations can I still qualify for the certificates?

You’re pretty much on the honor system, regardless.