Free code camp honesty policy

Hi guys, i found a way to clone free code camp website and it allows me to take the tutorials offline so internet flunctuations cannot affect my learning speed. The website: https://www.codingwithricky.com/2021/05/15/freecodecamp-offline/#
All i want to know is:

1. Am i breaking any rules
  2. Can i still get the certificates when i learn like this

Hey there,

You are more than welcome to clone the repository and work through the lessons locally. A couple of things to note:

1. You are absolutely not breaking any rules. No need to stress about that. :slightly_smiling_face:
  2. In order to earn your certifications, you will need to submit your solutions for the five projects to freecodecamp.org - you won’t be able to share your certifications from your local instance. However, note that you do not have to complete the lessons to claim the certification, only the five projects for the given section. This means you can do all of the work locally, including your projects, and then submit your completed projects + claim the certification when you have internet access available.
  3. There was previously an issue with the React sections not working without an internet connection - I am, offhand, not sure if this was resolved or not. Just a heads up.

That article you linked seems to be accurate, but just in case… our contributing documentation has an up-to-date and in-depth guide for getting freeCodeCamp running locally. Contribution Guidelines | freeCodeCamp.org

1 Like

@nhcarrigan Thank you for the fast reply, you’re awesome

1 Like

Best of luck in your coding journey - and when you have internet access, don’t forget to pop over here to the forums when you have questions :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.