Hi freeCodeCamp friends, this week marks our community’s 5th birthday.
It’s been a wild ride so far, and we’re just getting started.
I wrote this article to share as much as possible.
- More than 40,000 grads have gotten jobs working in tech
- So far this year, people have used freeCodeCamp.org + the YouTube channel for 1.1 billion minutes. Our total annual budget is $373,000. That means each dollar donated has resulted in 50 hours of free learning for people around the world.
- We just pushed a ton of updates. This article also lays out a lot of technical details about our stack.
- In addition to the upcoming curriculum update, we’re going to focus more and more on learning resources you can use while you’re AFK - videos, podcasts, and more. A lot more explanatory journalism.
- Python is coming to the curriculum. We already have a ton of videos and tutorials on Python, but soon it will be part of the core curriculum, along with Numpy and Tensorflow.
I hope you all are having a blast and learning a ton. I’d welcome feedback on these ideas and I’m happy to answer any questions you all may have.