Front-End Developer Apprentice - Portfolio Project 🧢

Front-End Developer Apprentice - Portfolio Project :billed_cap:
0.0 0

Hi everyone, this is gonna be my first post on FCC Forum. Long story short, I wrote this code in Atom, and spent around 3 days to finish it :D. After I finished I just move the code into Codepen and somehow have some difficulties (I think its because of the CDN :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)for my script, so if you look at my JS codes, I commented out some line that doesnt work very well in codepen (It works flawlessly in my chrome Browser). So I’m hoping for some feedbacks for my first Portfolio project :wink:

Looking forward to it :nerd_face:

best regards,
Kev

Looks good :slight_smile:

Some things to consider from a design perspective, often when dealing with accessibility, colour contrast is an important aspect. I feel a few of the colours on your website, while they are very nice, might not fit the contrast standard, a site like this is pretty useful to figure that stuff out.

Other than that, I think this looks great !

Looks great.

But on certain browser proportions, your “Front End Developer Apprentice” text gets buried in the background.

Hi! thanks for your reference on design perspective, I’ll never know that kind of perspective if you didnt bring that up, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

oh snaps! can I fix it with @media query? thanks for your feedback!

You don’t have control over the user’s browser size so your text can fall anywhere… so I don’t think @media will fix it.

But you can play with changing the color of your text, and add a shadow with opacity control

text-shadow: 1px 1px 6px rgba(100,100,100,0.45);

You want a shadow on the text so if the text is positioned on a lighter background, it still pops out.

Anyway, it’s subjective – you can compare the white text vs. dark text on the screenshot above.

Regarding UX, the “About Me”, Portfolio, Contact doesn’t seem like clickable text…
Of course if I mouseover it, I can see they’re buttons.
But on first glance, it’s not obvious they’re links.
So something to think about.
Maybe a border around it? or something.