Glitch link && (Test timed out)

Tell us what’s happening:
I am trying to submit a link to the Glitch project for " Managing Packages with Npm - How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package." I used the link to ‘Live App’ under the ‘Share’ button on my project(created new, not fcc one), but I continue to receive the following message:

// running tests
package.json should have a valid “author” key (Test timed out)
// tests completed

I tried using GitHub forked repo, but that one is not passing either. The problem is to simply add “author” : “name” to the package.json, so I am guessing that I am not turning in the right links.

Your code so far
This is the code under the package.json
{
“name”: “fcc-learn-npm-package-json”,
“author”: “Catherine Yang”,
“dependencies”: {
“express”: “^4.14.0”
},
“main”: “server.js”,
“scripts”: {
“start”: “node server.js”
},
“engines”: {
“node”: “8.11.2”
},
“repository”: {
“type”: “git”,
“url”: “https:// idontknow/todo.git”
}
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.129 Safari/537.36.
I’m using Chrome.

Challenge: undefined

Link to the challenge:
It does not let me use links on my post.

1 Like

How fast is your internet connection? I faced a similar challenge but i realised my network was slow.

Download is 490.66 mbps
Upload is 931.19 mbps
Are these too slow to connect?

I recommend you go through THIS thread. Many people have faced the same problem. Someone could have suggested a solution which might work for you.

1 Like

I had the link right, but I figured out thanks to one of the comments that recommended “show” button and copying the url. My project never loaded on ‘show,’ and that’s when I figured out I had one ‘’ in my server.js that was preventing from the live site to load. Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Here’s how to set up a new node/express project anonymously:

1. In the glitch project you opened from the introduction page, go to the top left corner for “project options” and click on “New Project”.
  2. Click on “hello-express” to start a new node/express project
  3. We’re not done yet; go to server.js on YOUR glitch project , and replace everything in there with this server.js on freeCodeCamo’s repo
  4. Then, go to package.json on YOUR glitch project , and again, replace everything in thEre with the package.json on freeCodeCamo’s repo
  5. Finally, to submit your solution, go to “Share”, click on the “App” tab and copy the link to your app. Submit this link when your solution is ready.

Now, you’re ready to solve the challenges :sparkles: