Help - HTML and CSS projects

Hi Folks, im stuck on two projects, trying to get them to pass. Driving me nuts going round in circles trying to figure out things / talking to myself / googling / reading MDN / reading FCC / looking at other peoples projects - im going mad trying to see what the issue is.

Tribute page - CSS problem.
Ive hacked away image responsiveness on the tribute page for 2 hours now - i cant get the image to pass the responsiveness test… Would you be able to help?

https://codepen.io/tt7182/pen/jObZbxP

My Form pagel
Similar story, i cant understand why im failing all the last requirements, ive checked them all and read up on all the syntax and errors and cant understand why they are failing - as far as i can see they are all present. I thought this was maybe down to me using Mozilla FF browser, not chrome, so i installed chrome and it made no difference… im lost…

https://codepen.io/tt7182/pen/dyYdMmO?editors=1100

At the risk of sounding childish - I HATE CSS. I hate things being unpredictable.

This reminds me of the CSS joke;
Two CSS properties walk into a bar - A barstool in a completely different bar falls over.

1st :
Replace css #image by :

#image {
width: 100%;
height: auto;
max-width: 625px;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
display: block;
}

credit : Tribute Page, responsively resize img relative to parent element

2 Likes

2nd :

Line 18 change the id by the waited one :

<input type="text" id="name" class="form-control" name="name" placeholder="Please Enter your first and last name" required />

Line 22 same error

<input type="email" required id="email" name="email" class="form-control" placeholder="Please enter your email address here"  >

Line 26 same error

<input type="number" id="number" name="age" placeholder="Please enter your age" min="8" max="100">    

All good ?

1 Like

Firstly, thanks for the help.
for the first one;
I dont understand how the f***g heck your supplied code works and mine doesnt… what a frustrating language to try to use!!
When i have display block written (on my original code) it then forces another error for display item 2!!!