Help in Technical Doc Page

Technical Documentation
I’ve completed the project for the most part. Just need some pointers on two issues that I have. Not sure what I am getting an error on. Thanks.

click on the number of passed tests

scroll down until you find the user stories in red (failed) and read the error just below

see if you can figure out what you need to fix

2 Likes

I have but maybe i should rephrase that I need help with the items marked in red

Hello,
As ieahleen said, look at what the failed test says. For example, in the nav-link it says:

Hint

Every .nav-link should have an href value that links it to its corresponding .main-section (e.g. href="#Introduction"). Check that these .main-section ids have corresponding href values : API,_What_is_it?..,Kinds_of_API,What_it_Provides…,History_of_API : expected 5 to equal 0
AssertionError: Every .nav-link should have an href value that links it to its corresponding .main-section (e.g. href="#Introduction"). Check that these .main-section ids have corresponding href values : API,_What_is_it?..,Kinds_of_API,What_it_Provides…,History_of_API : expected 5 to equal 0

Is telling you that there are no nav-link with a correct href value.
The href value in nav-link needs to be exactly the same as the ID you are giving to the .main-sections. That message is telling you that you have no matching href to ID.

1 Like

ok thank you. i’ll take a look again and see where i need to fix it

thank you ieahleen. i’ll take a look at it again

i’ve tried to work on it, but still not sure where I am going wrong. If anyone can help in going through this with me, it will be helpful. Thanks

I am still having trouble in fixing the issues. If anyone can take a look and give their input in what exactly I need to add or delete in the coding.

Content Section:

13. When I click on a navbar element, the page should navigate to the corresponding section of the “main-doc” element (e.g. If I click on a “nav-link” element that contains the text “Hello world”, the page navigates to a element that has that id and contains the corresponding .

Layout Section:

1. On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id=“navbar” should be shown on the left half of the screen. It should always be visible to the user and should remain stationary. You may need to enlarge the viewport or zoom out to ensure the navbar doesn’t scroll with the page content.

Thanks.

Also I want to keep the navbar just under the title, if anyone with a fresh pair of eyes can take a look at the document it will helpful.

Hello,
For the nav-link, you are missing one of them to be able to pass that check. The first one doesn’t match with the ID you gave the element. href="#API,_and_what_it_is" this ID doesn’t exist.

Remember to change everything that is affected by that too, I noticed you got another error while I was looking at the code, because other things were linked to that ID
<li><a class="nav-link" href="#API,_and_what_it_is">API, What is it?...</a></li>. For example (there is another part you need to fix too after that, due to the same issue)
After those changes it should work for the nav-links.
For the other check, you could change the

Summary

.nav-bar { position: fixed; top: 0px; left: 0px; min-width: 290px; height: 100%; }

min-width there for witdth and anything up to 674px for its value and you would pass the check.

1 Like

Thanks! That was really helpful.

Can you please take a look at the other issue I am having in the Layout section as well?

1 Like

Just to add, I don’t know if the way I said to fix the issue with the Layout is correct (even if it passes the test), I am a beginner myself, trying to help with what I already went through in the challenges and projects.

1 Like

no worries. we are all learning here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi ieahleen.

If you dont mind can you please help me with my second issue?

1. On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id=“navbar” should be shown on the left half of the screen. It should always be visible to the user and should remain stationary. You may need to enlarge the viewport or zoom out to ensure the navbar doesn’t scroll with the page content.

I need to know what to input in my coding to fix this error.

Thanks!

Need some more help…

I need to know what to input in my coding to fix this error.

Thanks!