SOS: Need help with the "Build a Technical Documentation Page" project

Hey guys, I’ve been stuck on this for like two days and I cannot figure out what I’m doing wrong. I’ve passed 15/16 tests, and I think I’m about to go nuts.

For #13 (When I click on a navbar element, the page should navigate to the corresponding section of the main-doc element), I keep getting:

“AssertionError: Every .nav-link should have an href value that links it to its corresponding .main-section (e.g. href=”#Introduction"). Check that these .main-section ids have corresponding href values : Introduction,What_you_should_already_know,JavaScript_and_Java,Hello_world,Variables,Declaring_variables,Variable_scope : expected 7 to equal 0"

Here’s my code:

Wtf am I doing wrong? Will really appreciate some guidance here :slight_smile:

Check if the id’s are exactly like the header text for each main-section, and that the nav-links href points to that same names.

User Story #4: Each section element with the class of main-section should also have an id that corresponds with the text of each header contained within it. Any spaces should be replaced with underscores (e.g. The section that contains the header “Javascript and Java” should have a corresponding id=“Javascript_and_Java”).
User Story #10: Additionally, the navbar should contain link (a) elements with the class of nav-link. There should be one for every element with the class main-section.
User Story #11: The header element in the navbar must come before any link (a) elements in the navbar.
User Story #12: Each element with the class of nav-link should contain text that corresponds to the header text within each section (e.g. if you have a “Hello world” section/header, your navbar should have an element which contains the text “Hello world”).

Also I think you don’t need <div id="introduction1"></div> in

<section class="main-section" id="Introduction">
	<header>Introduction</header>
		***<div id="introduction1"></div>***

and the others.

Just use the ids of the main-section elements to be where the links go.

3 Likes

Yeah I actually just figured it out. I didn’t realize that you could have multiple ids with the same name, so I thought I had to create a new one for each . Thank you for your help!!

1 Like

Similar issue. Using the Beautify plug-in on VS Code formats the navbar block in a way that causes the error. It took some time to spot that!