Help Running Tests on Projects

Tell us what’s happening:

I feel like an idiot for asking but can someone explain to me how I test my projects for errors? I am using Chrome and when I use the CodePen pen that is suggested in the Web Design Certification, and when I open it the first time, I see the “test check” popup. It gives me the options to specify the project I’m working on and to run tests, and see the errors. The problem is, when I start typing my tests, that pop-up window disappears and I have no idea how to get it back or to test it any other way. They say use some CDN link but I still have no idea what any of that means. I “finished” writing all 5 and on my dashboard it gives me the green checkmark but I don’t have any notice that I actually completed that course…and because I never checked it through a test, I know I’m bound to have at least one mistake in my program. But I don’t know how to verify that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Your code so far
Have code for all of my projects, but this question is a more general topic that will help me with all projects I do in FCC.
Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.121 Safari/537.36.

Not sure what you mean by that. The tests are already there in the dropdown button. After writing code to pass your test cases, you open up that dropdown and run tests against your project. Whatever tests you are failing, it will display them in red. Once you identify what’s not passing, you can close the tests, go back, fix, then repeat.

I hope I addressed your question. Let us know if this didn’t help.

I can’t find the drop down button though. You said “after writing code to pass…run tests against your project” but I can’t find the drop down button after typing in my code. I’ll type it in and it’ll disappear 2 seconds later and it never comes up, unless I completely begin a new CodePen. I’m just missing something, I don’t see that menu and I don’t know how to get it back. I don’t know if that was helpful or not, I’m just very confused.

Can you share a link to your codepen?

you can preformat your link using preformatted text icon in the editor.