Help with fieldset in forms

I have used a fieldset in my code but it is not translating to the layourt.

Please could anyone advise why this might be the case.

I am a beginner so any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is my code:

<option value="Ecology-Sampling ecosystems">Ecology-Sampling ecosystems</option> </label> 
  </fieldset>

<fieldset>
  <legend< Which of these statments applies to you? </legend>

<label for="statement"><input type="checkbox" id="statement" value="homework">I have attended homework club in the past</label>

<label for="statement">I have a sibling that went to St Peter's<input type="checkbox" id="statement" value="sibling" ></label>

<label for="statement">I bring a packed school to lunch:<input type="checkbox" id="statement" value="lunch" ></label>

The picture shows what it looks like in the form.
![image|466x210](upload://lFVvNbO6KhTkvzQzkuQP5D
3rbJL.png)

Thanks

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

You have a closing tag for fieldset above the opening tag for fieldset which doesn’t make sense.
You also wrote the legend tag with the wrong angled bracket at the end (it should be > at the end not <)

Freecodecamp teaches how to write proper html and css code. You may want to go through the curriculum to get the skills you need to do what you want.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I did manage to resolve this on my own.

This particular piece of work was part of the first certification project for the HTML course that freecodingcamp provides. This was my first ever forum post and I have to admit it has put me off posting again in the future. This was my first attempt at a project and you have gone out of you way tell me I should be learning how to code properly by undertaking the very course this code is for.

We have to start somewhere and no matter how simple the mistake may be, maybe take into consideration which part of a journey someone is on. For me, I am at the very start and I found your comment demoralising.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.