Help with Second Exercise -Build a Portfolio

Help with Second Exercise -Build a Portfolio

Hi there,

Hope this post find you all very well.

I’m having troubles making my portfolio make sense. I’m taking my time, and I’m learning a lot. Still there’s something that have me scratching my head and I cannot identify the issue. Here it goes:

When I open the project in a browser looks okay, when I resize the browser like simulating a smartphone, the sides of the body does not reach both margins.

The right side always show a small amount of background while the left side covers the whole screen. It’s like the body of the project is not centered, in the middle of the left and right margins, anyway, I have not been able to find out what is the problem, after a lot of revision.

Any suggestion? Ideas?

Thank you in advance!

You created the KFC website? Wow, I am impressed…
Anyway, first tip: don’t put your meta, title, links, etc. in your body - they belong in the head.
your stuff in the middle isn’t exactly centered but here’s my suggestion:
you have the .w960 class to set max-width to 960px. You can lower the max width as the page gets smaller with media queries ex:
@media screen and (max-width: 600px) { .w960 { max-width: 600px; } }
chaning the max width smaller in dev tools helped for me, but it is confusing, maybe someone else can explain it better.

Thanks, I highly appreciated your prompt response.

I have not build any real thing yet, I just put random webpages screenshots from several webpages I happen to have open in that moment as a placeholders. Anyway I think would be a better idea just change it with a solid color picture to avoid sending the wrong message. Thanks for noticing that.

Thanks for letting me know this important information. After review, I was unable to find any of those tags outside the head tag. Meta, link and else appear to me to be under the head tag, and the first tags in body is a div tag. Perhaps there’s something that I’m not looking at?

This is helpful. I will explore this and start reading more about that. If it has help you, most likely will help me.

Thank you very much for taking your time to answer.