Hosting suggestion

I am running my online store on shared hosting for last couple of years. But now I am not satisfied with shared hosting. I want to migrate my online store from shared to cloud.

Can anyone let me know which host for WooCommerce store is the best? I have several of the suggestions including Cloudways, siteground and WPengine. If anyone running their website or any store using these providers then please let me know about their services.

1 Like

I’ve been using SiteGround for a little less than 2 years and I am happy with it.
We also have a bigger project running on DigitalOcean, but there we have our own Linux server and all need to be handled using command lines (maintenance is a hassle but the quality and speed are great). You might want to check that one too

Namecheap has great hosting i would consider them. Also aws and google cloud are nice too.

Hi, Thanks for your reply.
You said about DigitalOcean, I saw this and it seems like a good service. But unfortunately, I am not a very technical person so I can not handle this.

But when I search DigitalOcean on Google I found Cloudways hosting provider which have DigitalOcean servers in their hosting plan. I read more about Cloudways reviews and I was amazed the service they provide it’s pretty easy. Like if you are a non-techie you can easily manage your servers and applications.

What do you think about it?

Thanks for your suggestion. I think NameCheap is a shared hosting provider. But AWS, sounds good. I will definitely check it out.

I’ve just read about Cloudways, I did not know about them. But the service looks good.
I would say. Go for it! :slight_smile:

My store is hosted on namecheap, previously I have been using SiteGround, but moved to Namecheap because its cheap. SG renew plans are expensive. If your store is receiving a lot of traffic than SG is good otherwise namecheap is good and cost effective.

Namecheap is shared, and you shouldn’t be using shared hosting for any WooCommerce site that you’re serious about. There’s a lot of code and server site processing to muscle through. Raw cloud hosting, which is cheaper, is ~2x faster (2.2sec compared to 4.3sec) when loading a basic WP site (Vultr vs Bluehost). Cloudways, managed cloud hosting has roughly the same
Posting this here so anybody who’s looking for hosting recommendations doesn’t get stuck in a bad 3 yr contract.

There are many. Go for HostGator or GoDaddy.

1 Like

Hello @jibranahmed. Please do not bring up old post in this forum. This post is 1 year old.