How do i add a footer on the web page

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

1. This id is wrong

2. You still removed the footer text

This is the original footer:

<footer>Copyright Cat Photo App</footer>

These are the instructions:

Change your external link to an internal link by changing the href attribute to #footer and the text from cat photos to Jump to Bottom.

Remove the target="_blank" attribute from the anchor tag since this causes the linked document to open in a new window tab.

Then add an id attribute with a value of footer to the <footer> element at the bottom of the page.

You should not do things that aren’t part of the instructions.

I do understand that, hence why I’m reaching out for some guidance. its just the solution for the footer I’m looking for guidance for. That’s the only thing holding me back from moving forward, everything has been don correctly

And I’m telling you what two things you need to fix. I cannot write the answer for you.

1. You MUST use the id value the instructions require:

You instead have this id

1. You MUST NOT delete the original anchor text:

You removed all anchor text:

Alright. Thank you very much for taking your time out to help with this. Much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.