How long do I have to be a member to upload more than one picture in a thread?

Hi,

I just joined the forum, and wanted to add a couple of pics to demonstrate an issue I’m having, but it would only let me upload one as a new user.

Just wondered how long it will be before I can upload more than one, or whether there is something specific I need to do as a member in order to access this privilege?

Many thanks,
Matt

Discourse elevates users’ “trust levels” based on activity. The restriction on number of images is to reduce spamming. I think that you get elevated to the next trust level by reading 5 topics.

I do want to point out that if you were going to share screenshots of your code, we do not want you to do that. Code can be formatted in the forum by putting it between two lines that each contain ```, by using the preformatted text option in the editor (image), or by sharing a link to code in a repl.it editor.

Thanks, that’s very helpful.

I haven’t taken any screenshots of code- just wrote that in. I put in some screenshots of the result though to help describe visually what I was looking for. Is that okay?

Thanks.

Screenshots of results are all good. I just thought I’d add that comment because we do see a bunch of new people ask for help with screenshots of code, which are much harder to read and work with. :+1: