How to begin FCC Product Landing Page

I hope it’s okay to post this here as I am not sure where else to ask the question. I am wanting to begin the Product Landing page project but I have a few questions about starting.

1. How are people picking their topic? - I’ve tried looking at examples but I’m just plain confused on where to begin. Do I make up a business or something?
  2. Many people are using images. How would I find images to use? Do I download free images online and upload them on some website to use as a URL? - I haven’t uploaded images in years for projects so I am lost on how to do that now.
  3. For the embedded product video, do I have to include an actual video from somewhere or can I just enter the coding but use like “#” or something in place of an actual link?

I apologize for the basic questions. I haven’t coded like this since I was a teenager so I am quite rusty. Ive made it through the first two projects so far and I’m excited to start this one, I just need a small amount of guidance.

Hi @calypsocodes !

Welcome to the forum!

You can choose to write about an existing business like Nike or make one up of your own.

A lot of people will use images they grab from google.
Some will use images from their computers.
If you are going to use an image from your computer, make sure to host it somewhere online.

Pick a video from youtube that matches the subject matter.
For example, if you are building a bakery product page, then you can pick a random video you like on baking from youtube.

Here is how to embed it in your project.

Go to the video and click share
Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 8.17.54 AM

Click embed

Copy the code and put it in your html
Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 8.18.26 AM

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome!

Also, thank you for the quick and super helpful reply! One quick question about the videos from youtube… do I need to worry about copyright issues or about giving proper credit somewhere on my page? I don’t want anyone to think I am claiming it as my own or anything.

You can add a caption at the bottom to say where the video came from.

Awesome, thank you again!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.