How to code with JavaScript

Now, I’m never interacted with js, idk how to code with it nor do I know what environment it requires.
What I wonder is where it is codded. Can it be codded in vscode?
How and where is it be codded?

Hi prodigy.
Javascript can be written anywhere, it is just a bunch of text. You can write it on paper, in a text editor, in a textbox on a web browser - short answer is you can write it anywhere.

How do you run the javascript that is so written then ?
You run it in a place that has a Javascript engine. All browsers have it, so you can run your javascript code in browsers. You can also run it using a software called ‘node’, which allows you to run javascript programs using command line.

To conclude , you will often write code inside a .js or .html file (using any editor. If all the different tools are confusing for you right now, try notepad). FCC’s cirriculum will help you out. If you have any questions, feel free to DM.

1 Like

Basically it is documents, but you can test by using Codepen or in this case jsfiddle.net

1 Like

Thanks.

As you can see,this is a JavaScript file, but, I’m not getting the “run” button in VsCode. Could you please help me with this?

hola, deberias instalar la extension “live server” para asi poder visualizar tu codigo en el navegador, recomiendo mires algun tutorial en youtube al respecto para poder entenderlo mejor. saludos

i made a youtube video showing how to write/run js: link js to html - YouTube

1 Like

hola, deberias instalar la extension “live server” para asi poder visualizar tu codigo en el navegador, recomiendo mires algun tutorial en youtube al respecto para poder entenderlo mejor. saludos

No entiendo ni una palabra de lo que dijiste.

Thanks. Thant’s awesome.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.