How to give a value an attribute

please am confused didn’t i get this right, am just a beginner
radio buttons should have the value attribute of indoor

<label for="indoor"><input id="indoor" type="outdoor"> Indoor</label>

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

The input element has an id set to “indoor” and a type attribute set to “outdoor”, but you have not added a value attribute to it.

Thanks so much for your email,
Please looking at the code, how do I add a value attribute to it

Thanks and best regards

You need to type the name of the attribute and then assign a value to it with the = symbol.

I should do this before closing the tag completely right?

Attributes must be inside the opening tag. Your code above already has attributes (for, id, and type). There is nothing different or special about the value attribute.

Thanks so much for this explanation, you just don’t know what this has done for me now. Hope am open to seek for your assistance at any point in time if I experience any difficulties.

In other words, thanks so much

I’m glad I could help. Come back any time you have questions or get stuck. Happy coding!

Please why is personality added when creating a checkbox, what does the personality there really mean?

.penguin { --penguin-skin: gray; position: relative; margin: auto; display: block; margin-top: 5%; width: 300px; height: 300px; } .penguin-top { top: 10%; left: 25%; background: var(--penguin-skin, gray); width: 50%; height: 45%; border-radius: 70% 70% 60% 60%; } .penguin-bottom { top: 40%; left: 23.5%; background: var(--penguin-skin, black); width: 53%; height: 45%; border-radius: 70% 70% 100% 100%; } .right-hand { top: 0%; left: -5%; background: var(--penguin-skin, black); width: 30%; height: 60%; border-radius: 30% 30% 120% 30%; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: -1; } .left-hand { top: 0%; left: 75%; background: var(--penguin-skin, black); width: 30%; height: 60%; border-radius: 30% 30% 30% 120%; transform: rotate(-45deg); z-index: -1; } .right-cheek { top: 15%; left: 35%; background: white; width: 60%; height: 70%; border-radius: 70% 70% 60% 60%; } .left-cheek { top: 15%; left: 5%; background: white; width: 60%; height: 70%; border-radius: 70% 70% 60% 60%; } .belly { top: 60%; left: 2.5%; background: white; width: 95%; height: 100%; border-radius: 120% 120% 100% 100%; } .right-feet { top: 85%; left: 60%; background: orange; width: 15%; height: 30%; border-radius: 50% 50% 50% 50%; transform: rotate(-80deg); z-index: -2222; } .left-feet { top: 85%; left: 25%; background: orange; width: 15%; height: 30%; border-radius: 50% 50% 50% 50%; transform: rotate(80deg); z-index: -2222; } .right-eye { top: 45%; left: 60%; background: black; width: 15%; height: 17%; border-radius: 50%; } .left-eye { top: 45%; left: 25%; background: black; width: 15%; height: 17%; border-radius: 50%; } .sparkle { top: 25%; left: 15%; background: white; width: 35%; height: 35%; border-radius: 50%; } .blush-right { top: 65%; left: 15%; background: pink; width: 15%; height: 10%; border-radius: 50%; } .blush-left { top: 65%; left: 70%; background: pink; width: 15%; height: 10%; border-radius: 50%; } .beak-top { top: 60%; left: 40%; background: orange; width: 20%; height: 10%; border-radius: 50%; } .beak-bottom { top: 65%; left: 42%; background: orange; width: 16%; height: 10%; border-radius: 50%; } body { background:#c6faf1; } .penguin * { position: absolute; }
==========================

Apply the --penguin-skin variable to the background property of the penguin-top , penguin-bottom , right-hand and left-hand classes.

// running tests The --penguin-skin variable should be applied to the background property of the penguin-top class. The --penguin-skin

variable should be applied to the background property of the penguin-bottom class. The --penguin-skin variable should be applied to the background property of the right-hand class. The --penguin-skin variable should be applied to the
 background property of the left-hand class. // tests completed

I cannot pass; what is the mistake can anyone help me ?

Checkboxes are used in forms. We want to record what data a user enters. With a checkbook the user input is either true or false. The value is what is either true or false.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.