Software Engineer in India. Along with full-time job, I’ve been doing freelancing for a startup belonging to my previous manager. Want to quit freelancing because of below reasons:
- Not being paid properly as he told me to provide all money after project gets live for customers
- Never Ending Requirements
- Unskilled and inexperieced colleague, who takes a lot of time to understand things
- No planning and unexpected urgency of work
- I’m frustrated with current job and want to dedicate whole time and focus to prepare for the interviews of big product-based organization.
- Lack of time for self is affecting my mental health.
I told him a few months ago about desire to quit. But, he started pleading in front of me on call starts convincing me with his arguments and emotional stuff and requested me to stay for some time until the project gets live. I think directly quitting will deteriorate my relations with him but I was thinking whether there could be a diplomatic way. Can anyone here please help me by suggesting something?