How to set up repl.it?

I’m trying to set up a repo on repl.it but I can’t figure out how to actually get it set up. I have to share a “live app” for the exercise test, but nothing I do is working.

Is there a tutorial at some stage in some of the other courses in the curriculum? Can anybody point me in the direction of some sort of resource that can help me understand how to set this up?

Your project link(s)

solution: https://repl.it/bnhgigue-sekeidesign

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0.3 Safari/605.1.15.

Challenge: How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

Link to the challenge:

Use this link to clone the starter project: boilerplate-npm

There is an issue and the part of the description with the links has disappeared but it should be fixed soon from what I’ve seen on github :slight_smile:

Here’s what it normally look like:

Start this project on Repl.it using this link or clone this repository on GitHub! If you use Repl.it, remember to save the link to your project somewhere safe!

1 Like

@sitek94 thank you, I don’t understand how I get this repl.it to be checked by the exercise. If I post the share link it doesn’t work properly

You have to run the project, then it’s this link from the pane on the right. Sorry, I would normally sent you a screen shot but I’m using my mobile atm

I think I haven’t been able to get to that stage because the app won’t start. If I try to run the boilerplate in repl.it I get an exit status 1 error.

It says that node_modules are missing, you have to run the following command to install the packages :wink:

npm install
1 Like

Thanks, that makes perfect sense!