How To Use Freecodecamp

I just signed up for Freecodecamp. I went straight to the Apis And Microservices Certification (300 hours)
section > Managing Packages with Npm > Managing Packages with Npm. In the ‘Solution’ field I get the message “Please inter a URL” when I try to submit my answer with Ctrl+Enter. What URL do I submit? How does this learning platform work?

1 Like

The URL to the Glitch project. (It should be the project URL, not the edit URL)

1 Like

I have created an account on the Glitch website and edited the package.json file. I pasted this URL into the field but I am not able to advance to the next challenge. glitch. com/edit/#!/pale-vault?path=package.json:20:52
I have tried this URL too pale-vault. glitch. me/
But nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

You need to use the link that you find here. You must have forked the correct Glitch project for the challenge.

1 Like

Thank you. I have done that. Now at the bottom of the screen under ‘// running tests’ it says: package.json should have a valid “author” key.

Here is the JSON file:

{
  "//1": "describes your app and its dependencies",
  "//2": "https://docs.npmjs.com/files/package.json",
  "//3": "updating this file will download and update your packages",
  "name": "hello-express",
  "author": "Jane Doe",
  "version": "0.0.1",
  "description": "A simple Node app built on Express, instantly up and running.",
  "main": "server.js",
  "scripts": {
    "start": "node server.js"
  },
  "dependencies": {
    "express": "^4.16.4"
  },
  "engines": {
    "node": "8.x"
  },
  "repository": {
    "url": "https://glitch.com/edit/#!/hello-express"
  },
  "license": "MIT",
  "keywords": [
    "node",
    "glitch",
    "express"
  ]
}
1 Like

I have decided to try this is Chrome and under ‘// running tests’ it says: Timeout has occurred

I was using Firefox originally.

1 Like

Your best bet is probably to try and get through the challenges before you leave, and work on the projects on the plane. The front-end projects are just web pages, which you can build on your computer and open on your web browser without internet access.

1 Like