Problem with taking Glitch url and using it as a solution for question

Problem with taking Glitch url and using it as a solution for question
0.0 0

Just some background, I got my front end certification before FCC made the shift to the new systems so I’m trying to do the API certification directly and skipping the front end and Javascript sections. So if this is answered in those sections that’s why I don’t know how to use the new system. That said, I’m trying to do the problem “Managing Packages with Npm - How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package” but when I try to use the url https://glitch.com/edit/#!/daffy-catshark to share my code using the link that Glitch provided and paste it into the solution line, I get this result:

// running test
Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0
// tests completed

This is after I placed the “author” line in the package.JSON file. Seeing that it didn’t work, I tried removing the “author” line and testing the original and it still ended up with the same error. I’ve never had to use Glitch before so I’m a bit lost and I can’t move forward without it.

Hi,

It looks like you’re using the url for the development(editor), use the app url. Click on the share button upper left corner and copy the link for sharing your App, paste in the solution.

That works perfectly, thank you!

Thanks, this answered my question too.

This should be explained somewhere on the challenge pages.

Why the ? is this not in the ? instructions? It asked me for the URL!?!?!?!?!?!
Not a ?n share this app in a menu with a choice of buttons URL!!!

Aaaaaaaggghhhh! If lesson 1 is this vague, I don’t think I’ll bother with the rest.