I can't build a tribute page

i need help building a tribute page project, despite following the instructions nothing seems to be working. who’s got the code snippet or what can i do?

There is no code snippet.

What is it about the first user story that you don’t understand? It says;
My tribute page should have an element with a corresponding id="main", which contains all other elements.
How would you approach this?

Do one step at a time and before you know it you’ll have the HTML portion done then you can start looking at how you want to style it.

1 Like

still not showing the title despite coding the title element around the name

hello@ 6ix-Ville :raising_hand_woman: first of all you need to fork this pen (At the bottom right of the page) to make it your own then add
(script src=“https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js”></script) in top of your page last> start to build your project step by step and ask us if you need more help
good luck and happy coding :v:

Hi @6ix-Ville !

A few issues.

No.1:
You need to fork the project properly.
The Fork option is located at the bottom righthand corner of codepen.
When you do that then the username will change to your username not freecodecamp’s as you can see in the screenshot.
Then save the project.

No.2:
You are supposed to create your own project not replicate the sample.

No.3:
There is a misunderstanding of what the title tag is.
Title tags are the titles for the web page and are located in the head.
Title tags are used for SEO purposes and not going to be seen in the body of the web page itself.

In your case, you want to use an h1 tag instead. Then you will see the title show up in codepen.

thank you, I appreciate.

good luck :blush:

‫في الأحد، 7 مارس 2021 في 9:16 ص تمت كتابة ما يلي بواسطة ‪Muhammed via The freeCodeCamp Forum‬‏ <‪freecodecamp@discoursemail.com‬‏>:‬

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.