I GET SUCKED HERE FELLAS PLZ HELP HTML WITH VS CODE

I was trying to imitate Dave Grey on html&css tutorials but every time i run live server this is what i get very disapported, any help please

1 Like

@ednbntm60 welcome to the freeCodeCamp community!
Your html file is named “index1.html”.
I think its name should not have the number.
The web browser searches a website folder for a file named “index.html”.
Unless a website folder has an index.html file, the browser won’t automatically find the homepage.
According to the file path shown at the top of your open tab for your index1.html file, your index1.html file is on your desktop without being in a folder.
I think it should be in a new folder that you could make and name my-first-web-page on your desktop.
Then you could try dragging my-first-web-page to the VS Code icon, and dropping it to open it in VS Code, then try restarting the live server.
Disabling your web browser cache should allow you to update your rendered html by using your browser refresh feature.
I was less familiar with the disable cache browser feature when I started using the live server, so I would just turn off the live server and turn it back on to update my html render.
I would like to know if this helps and/or if you have question and/or comment.
Thank you for your attention to what I have written here.
Happy Coding and Enjoy Today.

1 Like

You didn’t start the server in the correct location.

1. Create a folder and put the HTML file inside it.

2. Right-click the folder and use the “Open with VS Code” menu option.

3. Use the “Go Live” button in the footer or right-click the HTML file and use “Open with Live Server”

1 Like

i changed the name of the folder and now everything is fine thank u for ur help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.