I got my first developer job!

What a story, Congratulations! Best of luck with your uprising career!

Congratulations for the great achievement

Congratulations and good luck with your new job… :slight_smile:

Congratulations!!! And good luck with your new position!

Congratulations. I’m glad your hard work has paid off. Keep improving your skills.

Congrats! Hard work well spent :slight_smile:

Awsome !! Congratulations !

Congratulations! :tada:

Congratulations :slight_smile: Great to read a success story from the UK!

Do you mind me asking where in the UK you got your position?

Also any tips/resources that helped you apply to companies directly?

Also also, would I be right in saying you bypassed the junior developer role?

It’s going to be in Brighton. Luckily I live within commuting distance; Brighton seems to be a major hub for this industry outside of London. I live in a smaller town near by, and initially kept my search narrowed there. There are developer jobs around here, but it all seems pretty old fashioned. Everyone is looking for PHP, mySQL and Wordpress. Most of the jobs would have been repairing legacy projects rather than building anything new.

Not that I would have turned that down of course! But the FCC curriculum is definitely geared towards newer technologies. I didn’t see many jobs looking for node developers, but the ones that did were keen to have a look at my work.

For the job search around Brighton, I found a fantastic tech website for the local county- https://www.wiredsussex.com. I found the job ads posted there were much more likely to be directly placed by the company, as opposed to recruitment agencies. If you can find a similar website for your area, I’d highly recommend it!

1 Like

Sometimes I really think is never going to happen, thank you a lot, you just returned the favor of FreecodeCamp <3

Congrats mate!! Really good and amazing achieve… Like I also said… ’ Every person is where they want to be’
Keep going forward

Congrats! Just visited your Github profile. It was awesome!

I am new here and in the same situation. Workinh full time. I am interested how to start and if I need a laptop or it is okay with ipad.

Thank you!

Congratz, can you tell us the questions asked during the interview ? :smiley: