I got my first Front End job

I just wanted to give some encouragement to everyone still looking for work. I just recently accepted a job offer! I started FCC about 10 months ago while I was doing my undergraduate in a field I didn’t really want to do but was already too far in to quit. The first 6 months I started FCC, I was coding at least 6 hours a day. I burned through many of the certifications. At one point, FCC complete changed the curriculum. For me it was a momentum killer. It took my about a month to really get back into coding again. Once I did I managed to complete the first 3 certifications and started to build my own projects. I would recommend anyone, if they are in college, to join a coding club and work on projects with a team. This is what I did and I believe is what set me apart from other self taught candidates. If you aren’t at a college then try helping open source projects or joining a local meetup. I hope this encourages those still looking look for a job to not give up. I had several nights I thought I would never hear even get a response from an employer but I didn’t stop applying and learning. Thanks to everyone on here that helped me and FCC for the knowledge!

2 Likes

Show your portfolio please. Where are you currently located? and what strategies did you use to get hired? I