I just wanted to donate... Why don't you have an option to donate ONLY once?

It would be great to have a possibility to donate as often as i wish and not every month…

7 Likes

I agree that this is a desirable feature. I opened a GitHub Issue to address it. The donation option is brand new, so I’m sure the team is still figuring out the best way to implement it. In the mean time, you could select a monthly donation and then cancel the recurring payment.

how did you go about cancelling your recurring payment? I found instructions for cancelling PayPal but I entered credit card information directly. Really sad how frustrating/difficult they make it to only have one-time payments. I know they’re trying to bank on recurring revenue but when people hear bad reviews of the recurring payment option it will dissuade them from ever giving in the first place.

Any advice you can provide would be appreciated.

TIA

Please see this thread.

From what I understand it’s for budgeting reasons. It allows freeCodeCamp’s core team to see their current monthly income and plan accordingly. You can always setup a recurring donation and end right-afterwards.

2 Likes

Also please stop anoying pop-up for donation.

1 Like

A year later and here we are, the frustration in cancelling these automated recurring deductions is proving very difficult for me. I have sent an email to the fcc team as well as to quincy to no avail. What should one make of this.

I’m not sure how long it’s been since you emailed team@freecodecamp.org, but if it’s been a couple weeks you should email again. It’s a limitation of the secure credit card processing service that requires recurring payments to be canceled by the administrator. I do recommend that anyone who can uses PayPal (which can use either a bank account or credit card) because it’s easier to cancel. You should also be able to cancel payments through your credit card account.

2020 April, still relevant

yes please, I’m also interested in one time donation as I’m student

Follow this link at the footer / bottom of the web page.
You can make a tax-deductible donation here.