I need help with Step 80 please!

Step 80

You change properties of a link when the link has actually been visited by using a pseudo-selector that looks like a:visited { propertyName: propertyValue; }.

Change the color of the footer Visit our website link to be grey when a user has visited the link.

a:visited{color: grey;}

Sorry, your code does not pass. You’re getting there.

You should use the a:visited pseudoselector.

i even followed youtube videos checked the last post whose concern was similar to mine. What am i doing wrong?

Post your actual code, instead of text. And link your topic to the challenge step.

Try to add footer a selector with pseudo :visited
@Trove

footer a:visited {color:
grey;}

.footer a:visited {color: grey;}

#footer a:visited {color: grey;}

all these ways i have tried i have completed every other lesson but this

im also new to the forum system here apologies to all if i am asking my question in the wrong place

Please share your code properly:
Forum code formatting

‘’‘‘footer a:visited {color:
grey;}
‘’’’’
‘’‘’’
‘’‘’’
‘’‘’’
‘’‘’’

Backticks (```)
Copy and replace quotes in your snippet, before and after code

footer a:visited {color:
grey;}

Congrats! That’s a correct way. What’s the challenge are you into? Also please share a link to the task

Thanks! Well, to pass the tests you will need no footer selector, only a (link) selector

a:visited {color:
grey;}

it was my initial method

That code is correct but there might be an error somewhere else in your CSS code. Are you missing a closing curly bracket from the previous selector perhaps?
It’s always best to post your full code, so that we can see what might be going wrong.

1 Like

This code passes for me. Try to pass using another browser

aww thank you their was something wrong in the previous line

1 Like

thank you for taking the time to help me express myself correctly on the site and for attempting to help me with my problem

1 Like

You’re welcome. Next time use Help button to create a topic in a proper way with your code