I need some feedback for my portfolio

Hey guys! I would appreciate some feedback for my portfolio page :slight_smile:

Hello there @BTheory.
In regards to your solution and projects, I can strongly advice not replicating the template given in the curriculum. It was provided to guide you and give you an idea what you should do and it was made extremely basic. Think wild, go outside of the FCC, make research then come back to work on whatever you find.

If the aim was just to submit the project to get the certification I’d advice you do some modifications. It’s okay if you’re just starting out. Take your time.

If you would build/develop a personal portfolio website as a web designer/developer the first thing you need for now is:

• Make research and take a look at other developer’s portfolio so you can get an inspiration of what yours could look like. This doesn’t mean you’re required to develop the exact thing, it’s just to have an idea of what it is supposed to look like.
  • Prepare your resources or assets like styling, images, project links etc.

A portfolio is never 100%, you would always have to come back occasionally to make some changes but it should be ready to show off your skills.

The purpose of a portfolio is to show off your skills as a designer and/or developer so whoever takes a look would immediately recognize your skills and this also plays an important role when applying for jobs or projects.

Make more research and keep working on it. You can visit this page to Examples of Web Developers Portfolio or FCC 15 Web Developer Portfolios for Inspiration.

You’re off to a great start, Happy coding :+1:!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.