Im going to throw my PC out the window if I see that message again, please help!

Hi! I’m currently doing the second HTML project and Im stuck on couple errors and I just can’t think of any way to solve them. I have a problem with 5 points: 12,13,14,15 and 16.
In the first one it says that "Inside the form element, I can select an option from a dropdown that has corresponding id=“dropdown”. " and it does in my code! <select id="dropdown" class="form-control" name="role" required> and on page it does what it supposed to. Same thing with number 16, the id element is there but, the button works but I can’t pass the test. Number 15 says that I don’t have a <textarea> when it’s clearly in there. Number 13 says that I should group radio buttons using the same name attribute and so I did, still no progress. 14 asks for checkboxes and the’re there. Please help me, I’ve been sitting here for 3 hours trying to figure it out in my own as I think that’s the best way to learn, but nothing works. Here’s a link https://codepen.io/djavd/pen/YzqxbZZ

Hey @DJAVD, sorry it’s been so frustrating. It is good that you’ve tried so hard, though!

It would be best if you put a link to the FCC challenge, so we can see what it is you’re trying to accomplish. The links in your post are empty.

2 Likes

@CactusWren2020 here, I think I made it work

look below the failed user story for the error that’s making the test fail

if it doesn’t make sense, you may have syntax and/or nesting errors (a tag closed too early, or wrong nesting for some tags, or others) in your css and html

you can use the codepen tool for html and css (there is one for each)

or use a more thorough validator, like this one: https://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input

if you need help in solving the issues, you can ask again!

specifically, you have a div opening tag on line 10, a form opening tag on line 11, and then a closing div tag on line 24 - as the div is closed also other elements inside it must be closed, so also the form element is considered close at line 24

1 Like

Oh god, thank you so much, I totally missed it. You’re a true hero <3