I'm struggling to find the issue here. It looks exactly like the video. What am I missing?

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

**Your code so far**

<body>
<header>
  <h1>Tournaments</h1>
</header>
<article>
  <h2>Mortal Kombat Tournament Survey Results</h2>

<!-- Only change code below this line -->

<p>Thank you to everyone for responding to Master Camper Cat's survey. The best day to host the vaunted Mortal Kombat tournament is <time datetime="2016-09-15"> Thursday, September 15<sup>th</sup>. </time> May the best ninja win!</p>

<!-- Only change code above this line -->

<section>
    <h3>Comments:</h3>
    <article>
      <p>Posted by: Sub-Zero on <time datetime="2016-08-13T20:01Z">August 13<sup>th</sup></time></p>
      <p>Johnny Cage better be there, I'll finish him!</p>
    </article>
    <article>
      <p>Posted by: Doge on <time datetime="2016-08-15T08:12Z">August 15<sup>th</sup></time></p>
      <p>Wow, much combat, so mortal.</p>
    </article>
    <article>
      <p>Posted by: The Grim Reaper on <time datetime="2016-08-16T00:00Z">August 16<sup>th</sup></time></p>
      <p>Looks like I'll be busy that day.</p>
    </article>
  </section>
</article>
<footer>&copy; 2018 Camper Cat</footer>
</body>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/77.0.3865.90 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Standardize Times with the HTML5 datetime Attribute

Link to the challenge:

You accidentally included the period at the end of the sentence in the <time> tag. Move it out of there and it will pass.

<time datetime="2016-09-15">Thursday, September 15<sup>th</sup></time>.

This is what I have now with the same issue. It seems to be something simple but I am not finding it.

I can’t get it to show the code. Haha. You can tell I am very new at this.

<!-- Only change code below this line -->

<p>Thank you to everyone for responding to Master Camper Cat's survey. The best day to host the vaunted Mortal Kombat tournament is <time datetime="2016-09-15">Thursday, September 15<sup>th</sup></time>. May the best ninja win!</p>

<!-- Only change code above this line -->

The above code passes for me. Is it passing for you?

I can’t get it to pass.

Your added time tags should wrap around the text Thursday, September 15<sup>th</sup> .

Your added time tag should have a datetime attribute that is not empty.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.