I'm stuck coding my Survey form, help!

I ran the test on my survey form and I fulfilled 14 out of 17 user stories. I need help with the remaining three as I do not fully understand what I am expected to do.

Here is the 6th user story: "If I enter an email that is not formatted correctly, I will see an HTML5 validation error. "

Me: How does one format an email?

Here is the 10th user story: "For the name, email, and number input fields inside the form I can see corresponding labels that describe the purpose of each field with the following ids: id=“name-label”, id=“email-label”, and id=“number-label”.

Me: I did that already but there seems to be a problem. You can check my codepen here https://codepen.io/nnaochie1/pen/BaLzvrb[My survey form].

Here is the 12th user story: "Inside the form element, I can select an option from a dropdown that has corresponding id=“dropdown”.

Me: I used the <select> and <option> tags to here. Are there better alternatives to it? Thank you

When a test fails, click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue. (Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message.)

The 6th user story failure message says;

If I enter an email that is not formatted correctly, I will see an HTML5 validation error.  
Email field should be HTML5 validated : expected 'text' to equal 'email'  
AssertionError: Email field should be HTML5 validated : expected 'text' to equal 'email'

As you can see, this is telling you what the test is looking for and what you need to do to correct it.

On a side note, do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.

1 Like