Intro to HTML5 questions

Tell us what’s happening:
I am not sure how to proceed with this section. It doesn’t seem like i’m understanding the instructions. Any help would be appreciated. I still need

*Your code should have one main element.
*The main element should have two paragraph elements as children.
*The opening main tag should come before the first paragraph tag.
*The closing main tag should come after the second closing paragraph tag.

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<children>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p>Purr jump eat the grass</p>

<children>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/68.0.3440.106 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements

It means <main></main> this opening and closing tag of main together defines one main element

It doesn’t mean <children> like this, it doesn’t exist, when it says children it means that tags inside the
<main></main>

<main>
    <p></p>
    <p></p>
</main>

Here p tags are children and main is parent

I corrected what I currently have and now have this

<h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
<main>kitty ipsum text<main>
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p>Purr jump eat the grass</p>
</main>kitty ipsum text</main>

I just cant figure out how to make it 1 main element.

Can you paste the code.?, not the output

<main></main>, this is one main element, in html, tags with opening and ending together means a single element ex: <example></example> is a single element
You have to place your p tags between the main element as i had suggested before, i almost gave you an asnwer