Is freeCodeCamp enough for a competition like GSoC?

I am aspiring to attempt GSoC in the next year and have by now almost completed the frontend here at freeCodeCamp as well as have a previous experience of Django(a web framework based on Python for back end).
I am in a doubt that would the freeCodeCamp curriculum be enough for GSoC.
Any tips and leads are very much appreciated.
Thanks.

1 Like

freeCodeCamp provides you with a path, but it’s your job to apply yourself and do outside research, freeCodeCamp does very little teaching - it uses challenges and projects to test what you learned - the forums, their blog, and their YouTube will give you a good amount of information, they are working on releasing a huge set of guides that will further help - but you’re expected to do offsite research to prepare. With Google’s Summer of Code you should be prepared as long as you are fluent in frontend and backend development - TL;DR freeCodeCamp can get you started on the right path but it’s up to you to apply yourself and engage in outside learning to be fully prepared.

2 Likes

Thanks very much for your help.

1 Like

I’m working on applying for various universities/community collages so maybe I’ll be able to participate next summer :slight_smile:

I am currently a sophomore(I think I started late to code) and also looking to apply next summer.
We both will be in touch then.
Good Luck!!

2 Likes

Awesome, and it’s never to late to start coding :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, is there any way we could be in touch?

1 Like

Expect a private message from me in two minutes.

1 Like

You get out what you put in.

Indeed.
Thanks very much.