A couple of questions:
- As I’m going through exercises and writing code, is there a way to save my settings, specifically indentation, so every time I start a new exercise, the following are set up automatically:
- indentation is done with tabs, instead of spaces
- tab size for indentation is set to 4
- code in the editor is automatically properly reformatted before I even begin editing, as per above
- editor font size is zoomed out twice
As it is now, I have to manually go into the Command Palette and do the above things myself with every exercise. Which is kind of becoming a pain in the butt.
- Is there a way to set up a shortcut for a command in the Command Palette that doesn’t have one, specifically Editor Font Zoom Out?
Any help is appreciated.
Nope. The monaco editor used by freeCodeCamp isn’t set up to save individual user settings. If you want to copy the starter code to your own editor of choice, you can set it up however you like, but I’ve never really found that worth the effort.
I’m pretty sure that the browser dev tools don’t support recording macros, but there might be an extension that adds that functionality. Similarly, you could write your own macro to do this (how to do so and how hard that is will depend on your operating system and how complex it is).
As a rule, anything that you do over and over on a computer can be scripted, it’s just a matter of whether it’s worth it.
Ah, cool, thank you, now I know the name of the editor, at least. I’ll see what I can find out from their github pages.
And regarding that xkcd - SO can relate
This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.