Isn't this EXACTLY as instructed? why is it wrong?

When that type of bug happens in the platform I loose hours that I could be using studying, Please fix this FreeCodeCamp. Maybe there is really something wrong in my code on this one, if so, I’m sorry and ask for help.

Describe your issue in detail here.

<a href="">information about batteries. </p></a>

<p>Felines the world over have been waging war on the most persistent of foes. This red nemesis combines both cunning stealth and lightning speed. But chin up, fellow fighters, our time for victory may soon be near.Click here for  <a href="">information about batteries. </p></a>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.71 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Give Links Meaning by Using Descriptive Link Text

Link to the challenge:

Please share your full code. Thanks.

I don’t think that you should have the closing paragraph tag inside of your anchor text.

2 Likes

Hi @vinni.vcr !

Welcome to the forum!

As mentioned, you will need to post your full code into the forum when asking for help.

These need to be switched.

And make sure you don’t add any extra space here

Here is how to write code into the forum

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

1 Like

The <p> tag should completely entail the
<a> tag like this

<p> <a> </a> <p>

and not

<p> <a> <p> </a>
1 Like

HI @iHassan-NG !

I edited your post so now we can see your code.

Please read the instructions from my earlier post on how to format code.

Thanks!

2 Likes
<body>

<header>

<h1>Deep Thoughts with Master Camper Cat</h1>

</header>

<article>

<h2>Defeating your Foe: the Red Dot is Ours!</h2>

<p>Felines the world over have been waging war on the most persistent of foes. This red nemesis combines both cunning stealth and lightning speed. But chin up, fellow fighters, our time for victory may soon be near.Click here for  <a href="">information about batteries. </p></a>

</article>

</body>

Do you understand the issue that @iHassan-NG and I brought up on why your code isn’t working?

1 Like

Hi, I changed it according to your instructions, but it still doesn’t work, look:

<p>Felines the world over have been waging war on the most persistent of foes. This red nemesis combines both cunning stealth and lightning speed. But chin up, fellow fighters, our time for victory may soon be near.Click here for  <a href="">information about batteries </a></p>

then, it shows the same error message:
" Your code should move the anchor a tags from around the words Click here to wrap around the words information about batteries ."

Once you do this part then it will pass.

You added a space between batteries and </a>

2 Likes

ohh, thank you for your fast and accurate responses!

I have one more question: is it that way in a real code editor as well? I mean about the extra space.

For the extra space, that is probably an issue concerning the tests for these challenges.

Outside of FCC, the code editor would still execute your code.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.